Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hmm, It Seems Like I am Forgetting Something...

Oh, yeah...I seem to have forgotten about this blog, then I forgot the password to even go in an write a post. About the same time I forgot that I was following the Weight Watchers plan.....


So, now that I have admitted my mistakes I guess it is time to get back on track.

School/Work - There are only 10 more days of school!!!!! I have to go back two additional days for inservice days but that is ok. I am ready for summer though, at this point in the year I am so excited for summer vacation I can't stand it! Really, like it makes me crazy to think about the next 10 days knowing a much needed break is around the corner.

More Classes? - Yes, even though I swore off EVER taking another college course (I have 2 bachelors and a masters degree) I am in the process of gathering information to earn a certification in drivers education. The amount of extra money I would make for teaching driver's education after school through out the school year would give me a MAJOR boost to the ole paycheck.  It is a much better return on my money compared to what it cost me to earn my master's degree.  It is only 3 classes so it won't be too rough, I am just over the whole idea of being a student at this point.

Grant "Sick" - Monday morning was rough getting Grant to get ready for school. He was crying saying he had a really bad headache and that his stomach hurt. Of course, this information comes as we are supposed to be heading out the door to catch his bus. I made the quick decision to take him with me to my school. Shortly after that though he seemed to feel much better. I guess he just needed a go to work with mom day. Don't worry that is the first day he has missed all year and he is on the honor roll, so don't call child services on me it was hardly educational neglect. Besides, he listened to my lectures in Earth Science and Biology and he was able to contribute to the discussion and let me just tell you...that boy is pretty bright, he made me proud!

Grant has Spunk -After school on Monday Grant decided to walk around the school while I did a little bit of work in my room. At one point he had been gone awhile. I was just about to go look for him. Before I could do that though he came back...where had he been? He found a party! And proceeded to party with the group.  The Debate Team was having a pizza party for the of the year and Grant totally jumped in and made himself at home. If nothing else I can say he is not shy.

Puppy - My dad's hunting dog had puppies three weeks ago. She ended up having three puppies; two girls and one boy. When they were first born the girls were just a little bit bigger than the boy. Fast forward 2 weeks....umm, the girls were pretty big an the boy well he was barely growing. I watched over the dogs last weekend and became increasingly concerned as the girls seemed to just keep growing and leaving their brother behind. In fact, if he was nursing the girls immediately went over and knocked him off. Poor little guy didn't stand a chance against his GIANT sisters. (When my dad is around the mom won't lay down to let the pups nurse because she gets so excited, so he had never seen this.)  I decided it was time to intervene. I started removing the girls from the dog pen so the little tiny guy could nurse. I have also started supplementing his feeds with some puppy like formula. My dad took all three of the pups to the vet today to get them checked out. I was nervous what the vet was going to say about the boy. Good News! All three puppies are doing fine; the girls just happen to be HUGE an the boy well he is tiny but his vitals were all good and the vet didn't see any concerns other than his tiny size. We will continue taking the girl puppies out of the pen a few times a day so he can eat without being knocked down and I will supplement a couple of times when needed. I noticed tonight he seemed stronger now that he is getting his individual feeding time and the supplements. Time will tell, I hope he makes it.

Puppy Weights from today.
Girl #1  - 4 lbs 12 oz
Girl #2  - 4 lbs 8 oz
Tiny Boy - 1 lb 7 oz   (Do you see why I was so freaked out?!?!?!)

Summer Job - I am spoiled! I haven't worked during the summer for the last 9 years. I can't believe it has been that long. Anywho, I decided I needed to do something to start making a little extra cash, give me a purpose over the summer, and to get out of the house and see people who are not related to me.  So, my student teacher from this semester got me a job at the reception center that she bartends. I will work on Saturday evenings for $10 an hour plus tips. The tips + hourly pay will give me a chance to earn some cash to pay for all the fun stuff we like to do over the summer without going into debt. Wish me luck, the only bar experience I have is from the other side of the bar....and lots of that though. I told the manager that and he thought I would do fine.  ;-)


My Desk is a Wreck - Not that you care but my desk at school is a MESS! Every day I tell myself I need to clean it up but something always happens and I can't seem to make a dent in cleaning it up. Maybe tomorrow....

Well I better go to bed. Did I mention there are only 10 days of school left? Not that I am counting or anything... :-)

Talk to you soon,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment