Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year ~ New Start ~ New Direction

A new year often brings new resolutions. Resolutions that I usually forget all about by the end of the first week of the new year. This year I want to do things differently than I have in the past. I am going to make a bullet list of my personal goals.  The goals will be small and hopefully I can keep them up and not revert back to my old ways.
  • House Organization ~ Clean out 1 new drawer, closet, cabinet, nook, or cranny each day. This should only take me about 15 minutes per day. My house is cleaner than it has ever been (on the surface) and now the cluttered drawers and junk that is shoved away is absolutely driving me bat crazy.  

  • Exercise ~ Exercise 15-20 minutes a day.  I am currently on crutches and have been for the last 6 1/2 weeks due to knee surgery. They say, "You don't know what your missing until you lose it." I MISS moving my body. I didn't exercise much in the last couple of years but before that I was always active and enjoyed exercise. The sedentary lifestyle has really been tough on my body and I have gained a LOT of weight. For the time being my main goals are to do my physical therapy and getting off these stinking crutches!  I want to feel healthy and strong again.

  • Money ~ I need to be more active in saving money for rainy days, a new car, savings in general, etc.... I am a single parent and I do not receive child support for my son. I do ok with money, just not great. I love to travel and go out to dinner with friends. Those two activities definitely cause a dent in my budget.    

  • Dating ~ Meet men! That's what I need to do. It seems like a fairly simple plan. I mean, I don't have to marry the first man I meet but I do need to meet men. I don't go out much. After working all day as a teacher, tutoring 5-6 hours a week after school, being a parent, and then bar-tending 1 night out of the weekend; I don't have time or the energy to go out meet new people. Even when I have the energy I have to find somewhere for my son to go so I can go out...gee, I wonder why I stay home so much. :-(  
Let's see what the next few weeks bring in regards to my goals. 

WEll, 

No comments:

Post a Comment