Sunday, July 18, 2010

Amazing News

A good friend of mine has struggled with infertility for years (I think about 7.) They have tried just about every type of fertility treatment possible. Most of the treatments were not covered by insurance. The experience took a tole on their marriage, friendships (she began to seclude herself from her lifelong friends), and not to mention their life savings.

They were extremely frustrated because they had basically been told there was no possible way she would become pregnant even with reproductive help. Nor would her body accept the development of a growing fetus. Last summer they began to accept their fate and began the process of private adoption. Again, a very expensive measure in their quest to become parents.

Earlier this summer a birth mother tried to scam them but fortunately the adoption agency knew about this lady and warned them.

Well, guess what!?!? You guessed it! She is pregnant. She is 10 weeks pregnant and in shock. She doesn't understand why her body finally decided to work the way it was designed but we are so extremely excited!

I am holding my breath until she makes it into the 2nd trimester because we all know the chance of miscarriage decreases dramatically after 12 weeks. When she called to tell me about the baby I had goose bumps and cried. I am so happy for them and I feel like I will get my friend "back." If that makes sense. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment