Monday, March 12, 2012

Patience and Determination

I didn't go to work today because I had two appointments. I just have to say, I have always thought if needing to take a day of it should be a Friday. Not any more! If I have to take a day off work (which is not very often 1-2x a year) in the future it will definitely be a Monday if I can arrange it. I loved that Sunday night I was not rushing to get everything finished before starting the work week. Of course, that just means it's now Monday night and my house is a wreck and I still haven't folded the laundry I avoided last night. UGH!

After our dentist appointments we had a great afternoon/evening. We did some browsing, shopping, and I even spoiled Grant a bit and we went to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and some game playing. Tomorrow morning is going to be rough. He didn't' get to sleep until 10:00 p.m. which is and hour after his normal bedtime.

Weight Watchers is still going strong. I finally understand the saying, "Thin feels better than food tastes (or something like that.)"I am continuing to realize the burden of eating out of control had on my mind and body. Even though I am just beginning this journey I had another confidence filled day knowing I was fully invested in this new beginning for myself. While shopping tonight I didn't feel fat or frumpy I just simply opened my eyes to all the beautiful clothes at Macy's and understood that if I continued on this path in a few short months I could reward myself with a piece of clothing that I could not possibly wear before this journey began.

Time to try out the Memory foam pillow I splurged on today. Hopefully, it will help relieve some of the neck issues I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment